Friday, March 2, 2012

Day2: The importance of your twitter profile

<—Back to main twitter un-workshop page

One of the most important things you have to do is to create a professional twitter profile if you want to use your twitter for teaching and learning. When you join twitter you are allocated an egghead. I don't follow eggheads. I follow people who I can learn from and who share valuable learning resources with me. You will, during the course of this un-workshop, get to follow amazing people. Your first introduction to them is their profile. Creating  a good profile will tell others what you are about, what you like and where you "teach",  information that will help them to make up their minds if they have common ground with you. We will look at the concept of "following" in more detail tomorrow, but first we need to get your profile up to date and ready for following!! You will find your profile information by going to Settings-->Profile
 

For todays activity, go and revise your profile and make sure that it is up to date, relevant and enhance your professional image as an educator....
  • If you are an old "edu-twit" revise your twitter profile and see if it is still relevant to where you are at at the moment.
  • Ask yourself- Will the people that I want to learn from or my students follow me to learn from me?
  • Have I inserted an up to date website  or blog address for further information?
  • Does my Bio state clearly what my interests are so that only people with similar interests would like to follow me?
  • Look at some of the bios of the following people and decide if you would like to follow them: @ict_educator ; @peterdelisle; @rngreener2 ; @artpreston; @clarkformaths ; @Bhallowes
<---back to day one: Getting started or --->Day 3: Who follows Who: the following dilemma  

No comments:

Post a Comment